You could have read this stuff throughout the entire year. Or you could have waited until this very moment to see it all in one place. Either way, well played.
2018, we hardly knew ya. Seriously, why are the years moving so fast? Let’s slow things down a bit and take a look back at a year we can’t believe is already over.
Is There A Lawyer In The House?
Find out what you need…before you need it.
- Everything You Need To Get Organized During And After A Divorce
- Tips On Filing Taxes After Someone Dies
- The Last Wills And Testaments Of The Deceased And Famous
Since the rise of Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, social media has become a big component in how we grieve. Unfortunately, it’s very easy for posts about a person’s death to skew performative or crass. So what’s permissible and what’s unacceptable about mourning in the digital age?
- How To Protect Your Social Media Accounts After You're Gone
- When The Digital Entertainment Files You Thought You Owned Are No Longer Yours
- Do This If Your Cell Phone Is Lost Or Stolen
Live Forever...Or For As Long As Possible
Everything from bananas to bacon, here are some foods, activities, and states of mind that can keep you alive for longer than a century.
- 11 Ways To Cheat Death (Or At Least Postpone It For A Little While Longer)
- 6 Tips To Keep Your Memory Sharp
For Those Who Are Fine With Ignoring The Whole “Live Forever” Concept
We value honesty, like how all these meals are very clear in the fact that they’re trying to kill you.
Everplans On Forbes
Here are the reasons we should write down and document these traumatic experiences, even if they surface emotions we’d rather bury.
You’re Not Alone
Even if you think you have no support system, you should never have to go it alone.
- People Who Used Their Obituaries To Help Others
- Antipsychotics May Help Ease Pain For Elderly Dementia Patients
Here’s how to make sure your pet never becomes an orphan.
- Does This Dog Require $140,000 A Year After His Famous Owner Died?
- Dog To Inherit Multimillion Dollar Fortune
The Cost To Cremate
Even “ashes to ashes” benefits from shopping around.
The Future Of Funerals
For centuries, the peak of cemetery technology was being able to etch a flower into a slab of rock. Now, thanks to smartphones, satellites, 3D printers, and human ingenuity, a memorial to a loved one can be much more than an urn on a shelf or a stone in a field.
Thanks For The Kind Words
Financial guru and bestselling author David Bach mentions Everplans in the 20th anniversary edition of his book Smart Women Finish Rich (page 140):
Bonus Five-Star Tip: Check out Everplans.com. This new website allows you to store and share everything important to you and your family regarding your will and family wishes. It’s an online vault for your digital archive of your will, trust, insurance policies, healthcare directives, passwords, and more. They have a free and really robust resource area on wills, estate planning, etc.