Pennsylvania Health, Legal, And End-Of-Life Resources
Important health, legal, and end-of-life planning forms and information for people living in The Keystone State.
Whether you’re planning for yourself or someone else, the resources below are vital when it comes to organizing and settling an estate in Pennsylvania.
Advance Directive Form
Order Death Certificates
Death Certificate instructions for Pennsylvania. For other states, see our complete list of state-by-state Death Certificate ordering information.
Digital Estate Planning Laws
Law: SB 320 Revised Uniform Fiduciary Access to Digital Assets Act, Amending Title 20 (Decedents, Estates and Fiduciaries)
Description: An act providing for user direction and agreements, for disclosure of digital assets and electronic communications, for functions of fiduciaries and for compliance and immunity for custodians of digital assets and electronic communications; and making conforming amendments.
Status: Effective July 23, 2020
For other states, see our complete list of state-by-state Digital Estate Planning Laws.
Death With Dignity Legislation (a.k.a. Aid-In-Dying or Physician-Assisted Death)
- Senate Bill 1032 titled “Death with Dignity Act” was introduced to the Judiciary Committee in June 2013. It is currently still open for consideration.
For other states, see our complete list of state-by-state Death With Dignity Legislation.
Organ Donation Registries
POLST (Physician Orders for Life Sustaining Treatment) Form
For other states, see our complete list of state-by-state Probate Laws.
Estate And Inheritance Tax Rate
- The top inheritance tax rate is 15 percent (no exemption threshold)
For estate and inheritance tax in other states see our complete list of state-by-state Estate And Inheritance Tax Rates.
- All You Need To Know About Advance DirectivesWhen you can’t make health decisions for yourself, this is the north star...Read more
- Trusts Cheat SheetTrust us when we say this is as basic as we can make Trusts.Read more
- How To Create A Do Not Resuscitate Order (DNR)A DNR is a medical order that states you don't want cardiopulmonary...Read more
- How Organ Donation WorksIf the person who died was a registered organ donor, measures will be taken...Read more