North Dakota Health, Legal, And End-Of-Life Resources
Important health, legal, and end-of-life planning forms and information for people living in The Peace Garden State.
Whether you’re planning for yourself or someone else, the resources below are vital when it comes to organizing and settling an estate in North Dakota.
Advance Directive Form
Order Death Certificates
Death Certificate instructions for North Dakota. For other states, see our complete list of state-by-state Death Certificate ordering information.
Digital Estate Planning Laws
Law: HB 1214
Description: An act to create and enact a new chapter to title 47-36 of the North Dakota Century Code, relating to a Uniform Fiduciary Access to Digital Assets Act.
Status: Effective March 30, 2017
For other states, see our complete list of state-by-state Digital Estate Planning Laws.
Death With Dignity Legislation (a.k.a. Aid-In-Dying or Physician-Assisted Death)
- North Dakota has no legislation
For other states, see our complete list of state-by-state Death With Dignity Legislation.
Organ Donation Registries
POLST (Physician Orders for Life Sustaining Treatment) Form
For other states, see our complete list of state-by-state Probate Laws.
Estate And Inheritance Tax Rate
- North Dakota has no estate tax or inheritance tax
For estate and inheritance tax in other states see our complete list of state-by-state Estate And Inheritance Tax Rates.
- All You Need To Know About Advance DirectivesWhen you can’t make health decisions for yourself, this is the north star...Read more
- Trusts Cheat SheetTrust us when we say this is as basic as we can make Trusts.Read more
- How To Create A Do Not Resuscitate Order (DNR)A DNR is a medical order that states you don't want cardiopulmonary...Read more
- How Organ Donation WorksIf the person who died was a registered organ donor, measures will be taken...Read more