Kentucky Health, Legal, And End-Of-Life Resources
Important health, legal, and end-of-life planning forms and information for people living in The Bluegrass State.
Whether you’re planning for yourself or someone else, the resources below are vital when it comes to organizing and settling an estate in Kentucky.
Advance Directive Form
Order Death Certificates
Death Certificate instructions for Kentucky. For other states, see our complete list of state-by-state Death Certificate ordering information.
Digital Estate Planning Laws
Law: HB 156 Revised Uniform Fiduciary Access to Digital Assets Act
Description: The Act authorizes establishs a framework for the management and disposition of digital assets upon death or incapacitation.
Status: Effective July 15, 2020
For other states, see our complete list of state-by-state Digital Estate Planning Laws.
Death With Dignity Legislation (a.k.a. Aid-In-Dying or Physician-Assisted Death)
- Kentucky has no legislation
For other states, see our complete list of state-by-state Death With Dignity Legislation.
Organ Donation Registries
MOST (Medical Orders for Scope of Treatment) Form
Download the MOST form for Kentucky residents. For other states, see our complete list of state-by-state POLST forms.
For other states, see our complete list of state-by-state Probate Laws.
Estate And Inheritance Tax Rate
- The top inheritance tax rate is 16 percent (exemption threshold for Class C beneficiaries: $500; exemption threshold for Class B beneficiaries: $1,000; Class A beneficiaries, which is the majority, pay no inheritance tax)
For estate and inheritance tax in other states see our complete list of state-by-state Estate And Inheritance Tax Rates.
- All You Need To Know About Advance DirectivesWhen you can’t make health decisions for yourself, this is the north star...Read more
- Trusts Cheat SheetTrust us when we say this is as basic as we can make Trusts.Read more
- How To Create A Do Not Resuscitate Order (DNR)A DNR is a medical order that states you don't want cardiopulmonary...Read more
- How Organ Donation WorksIf the person who died was a registered organ donor, measures will be taken...Read more