Oregon Health, Legal, And End-Of-Life Resources
Important health, legal, and end-of-life planning forms and information for people living in The Beaver State.
Whether you’re planning for yourself or someone else, the resources below are vital when it comes to organizing and settling an estate in Oregon.
Advance Directive Form
Order Death Certificates
Death Certificate instructions for Oregon. For other states, see our complete list of state-by-state Death Certificate ordering information.
Digital Estate Planning Laws
Law: SB 1554 Revised Uniform Fiduciary Access to Digital Assets Act
Description: "It allows a fiduciary, such as a personal representative, trustee or conservator, to access certain digital content within certain limits. It permits entities that hold electronic data to allow users to specify their wishes in the event they become inactive or when the entity receives a request for information. (If a user specifies, that trumps all other instructions, including a will.) The measure also permits fiduciaries to obtain a catalogue of digital communications, and sets forth a number of protocols for them, to cover a variety of situations, such as: when users consent to disclosure, or refuse, or fail to specify; or when disclosure has been ordered by a court." [Source: Oregon's Summary of Legislation, 2016]
Status: Effective January 1, 2017
For other states, see our complete list of state-by-state Digital Estate Planning Laws.
Death With Dignity Legislation (a.k.a. Aid-In-Dying or Physician-Assisted Death)
- The Death with Dignity Act has been legal in Oregon since 1997.
For other states, see our complete list of state-by-state Death With Dignity Legislation.
Organ Donation Registries
POLST (Physician Orders for Life Sustaining Treatment) Form
For other states, see our complete list of state-by-state Probate Laws.
Estate And Inheritance Tax Rate
- The top estate tax rate is 16 percent (exemption threshold: $1 million)
For estate and inheritance tax in other states see our complete list of state-by-state Estate And Inheritance Tax Rates.
- All You Need To Know About Advance DirectivesWhen you can’t make health decisions for yourself, this is the north star...Read more
- Trusts Cheat SheetTrust us when we say this is as basic as we can make Trusts.Read more
- How To Create A Do Not Resuscitate Order (DNR)A DNR is a medical order that states you don't want cardiopulmonary...Read more
- How Organ Donation WorksIf the person who died was a registered organ donor, measures will be taken...Read more