Oklahoma Health, Legal, And End-Of-Life Resources
Important health, legal, and end-of-life planning forms and information for people living in The Sooner State.
Whether you’re planning for yourself or someone else, the resources below are vital when it comes to organizing and settling an estate in Oklahoma.
Advance Directive Form
Order Death Certificates
Death Certificate instructions for Oklahoma. For other states, see our complete list of state-by-state Death Certificate ordering information.
Digital Estate Planning Laws
Name of law: HB 2800
Description: An act relating to probate procedure; authorizing an executor or administrator to have control of certain social networking, micro-blogging or e-mail accounts of the deceased; providing for codification; and providing an effective date. Allows provisions in a will or a formal order to control access. [Read the full Bill]
Status: Effective November 1, 2010
Note: On January 19, 2016 SB 1107 Uniform Fiduciary Access to Digital Assets [Full Text] was introduced to the Oklahoma Legislature and is in progress. Whether this is meant to replace or ammend the previously enacted digital asset legislation remains to be seen.
For other states, see our complete list of state-by-state Digital Estate Planning Laws.
Death With Dignity Legislation (a.k.a. Aid-In-Dying or Physician-Assisted Death)
Oklahoma has no legislation
For other states, see our complete list of state-by-state Death With Dignity Legislation.
Organ Donation Registries
POLST (Physician Orders for Life Sustaining Treatment) Form
For other states, see our complete list of state-by-state Probate Laws.
Estate And Inheritance Tax Rate
- Oklahoma has no estate tax or inheritance tax
For estate and inheritance tax in other states see our complete list of state-by-state Estate And Inheritance Tax Rates.
- All You Need To Know About Advance DirectivesWhen you can’t make health decisions for yourself, this is the north star...Read more
- Trusts Cheat SheetTrust us when we say this is as basic as we can make Trusts.Read more
- How To Create A Do Not Resuscitate Order (DNR)A DNR is a medical order that states you don't want cardiopulmonary...Read more
- How Organ Donation WorksIf the person who died was a registered organ donor, measures will be taken...Read more