Ohio Health, Legal, And End-Of-Life Resources
Important health, legal, and end-of-life planning forms and information for people living in The Buckeye State.
Whether you’re planning for yourself or someone else, the resources below are vital when it comes to organizing and settling an estate in Ohio.
Advance Directive Form
Order Death Certificates
Death Certificate instructions for Ohio. For other states, see our complete list of state-by-state Death Certificate ordering information.
Digital Estate Planning Laws
Law: HB 432 Revised Uniform Fiduciary Access to Digital Assets Act
Description: This law authorizes for continued access or control over a deceased or incapacitated person's electronic communications and "any other digital asset to which the individual has an interest." [Read the full Bill]
Status: Effective April 6, 2017
For other states, see our complete list of state-by-state Digital Estate Planning Laws.
Death With Dignity Legislation (a.k.a. Aid-In-Dying or Physician-Assisted Death)
- Ohio has no legislation
For other states, see our complete list of state-by-state Death With Dignity Legislation.
Organ Donation Registries
MOLST (Medical Orders for Life Sustaining Treatment) Form
For other states, see our complete list of state-by-state Probate Laws.
Estate And Inheritance Tax Rate
- Ohio has no estate tax or inheritance tax
For estate and inheritance tax in other states see our complete list of state-by-state Estate And Inheritance Tax Rates.
- All You Need To Know About Advance DirectivesWhen you can’t make health decisions for yourself, this is the north star...Read more
- Trusts Cheat SheetTrust us when we say this is as basic as we can make Trusts.Read more
- How To Create A Do Not Resuscitate Order (DNR)A DNR is a medical order that states you don't want cardiopulmonary...Read more
- How Organ Donation WorksIf the person who died was a registered organ donor, measures will be taken...Read more