Service: Xbox Live is a gaming and entertainment platform that makes downloadable games, music, movies and other content available for sale.
How To Cancel An Account: Xbox Live is a subscription service associated with a Microsoft account, however closing a Microsoft account does not cancel any of the subscriptions associated with it. You must first cancel all subscriptions, Xbox being one of them.
1. Sign in at Xbox.com. (As mentioned above, this is usually the same login information as a Microsoft Windows account.)
2. Under the account name at the top of the page, click “My Account.”
3. Select “Subscriptions,” providing the password if prompted.
4. Click “Cancel automatic payment” then click “Continue.”
5. Complete the short survey and click “Return to your account.”
1. Sign in at Xbox.com. (Once again, this is usually the same login information as a Microsoft Windows account.)
2. Click “Security and Password.” Verify that you have authority over the account by receiving and entering a security code.
3. Scroll down and select “Close your account.”
4. When you’re prompted, confirm that you have read each of the impact statements that detail what you need to know about closing your account.
5. Click “Mark account for closure.”
After 60 days, the account will be permanently removed, during which time the account can be reactivated by signing back in. Once 60 days have passed, access to all services that require the associated Microsoft account email address and password, including downloaded content, games and applications will be lost.
- Email (Note: You need access to this account to receive a security code, which you then enter on the site)
Related Article: How To Close Online Accounts