Service: Microsoft is a technology company offering software and online services, in addition to its Xbox gaming and Surface tablet hardware.
How To Close An Account: There are a number of paid subscriptions accessed by the Microsoft account that must be canceled prior to account closure. Many of those subscriptions can be canceled at the company’s “Billing” section. The rest must be canceled at the respective services’ web sites (example: Xbox.com, Outlook.com, etc…)
1. Sign into the Microsoft account from the Live.com homepage.
2. Under the Account navigation on the left-hand side of the page, click Security & Password.
3. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click “Close my account.”
4. Click “Next.”
5. Click all check boxes acknowledging that you understand the consequences of canceling the account and select a reason for leaving.
6. Click the “Mark account for closure” button.
Note: Upon completion of the account closure process, a 60-day period begins during which the account may be reopened without loss of data.
- Security Code (optional)
Note: If you don't have the required information listed above, please refer to the following article: What Happens To My Email Accounts When I Die?
Related Article: How To Close Online Accounts