Service: AOL is a digital media company that, besides free content, messaging and email, offers paid service plans providing PC utilities, tech support, online learning, diet and fitness programs, online security and identity theft protection.
How To Cancel An Account: There are two levels of membership offered by AOL—free accounts and paid accounts. If you have a paid account, you must first convert to a free account, then cancel that.
1. Log in to AOL’s Billing page with the appropriate information.
2. Answer the account security question.
3. Click “Manage My Account.”
4. Under “Service Options,” click “Change My AOL Plan.”
5. Select the Internet connection type associated with the plan.
6. On the following page, scroll to the bottom and click “Cancel My Billing.”
7. On the confirmation page, select the reason for canceling then click “Cancel My Billing.”
1. Log in to AOL’s My Account/billing page with the appropriate information.
2. You may need to answer the security question
3. Click "Manage My Subscriptions" located below the "Service Options" section on the page.
4. Click the orange “cancel” under the “AOL Products” section.
5. Select why you’re canceling from a drop-down list
6. Click the orange “CANCEL AOL” button and you’re done.
- Answer to security question
Note: If you don't have the required information listed above, please refer to the following article: What Happens To My Email Accounts When I Die?
Related Article: How To Close Online Accounts