How To Close An AT&T Wireless Account When Someone Dies
All the information you'll need to close or transfer an AT&T Wireless account.
Service: AT&T is the nation’s oldest telecommunications company, now providing voice, video, data and Internet services to individuals and businesses.
How To Close An Account: To remove a line or cancel service call 800-331-0500. Once connected, select option 3 and then again select option 3.
To avoid an Early Termination Fee, you'll have to provide the deceased's Social Security number and/or password. The balance on the account is the responsibility of the estate.
- Mobile phone number
- Social Security Number and/or Password
AT&T official page on closing a wireless account.
To close additional AT&T services (home phone, Internet, and TV) you must call 800-288-2020.
Related Article: How To Close Online Accounts
- Task: Get Your Passwords OrganizedThe typical person has an average of over 130 different online accounts,...Read more
- Digital Cheat Sheet: How To Create A Digital...What happens to your digital property after you die? Great question! Here's...Read more
- Task: Grant Access To Your DevicesIn case of an emergency, how could someone you trust access your phone?Read more
- Task: Clean Up Your Phone ContactsWe’re all familiar with naming an emergency contact if something happens,...Read more