Service: Amazon.com is the world’s largest online retailer, selling products both physical and digital. Amazon Prime is the company’s subscription service, offering free two-day shipping to the lower 48 United States and free instant streaming of selected movies and TV shows.
How To Close An Account: There are two levels of membership offered by Amazon—basic accounts and Amazon Prime accounts. They may be canceled separately.
Amazon Prime Membership
Visit the company’s Manage Prime Membership page and do one of the following:
1. To cancel a paid membership, click End Membership.
2. To cancel a trial membership, click Do Not Continue.
Amazon requires contacting the company directly to close an account completely. After logging in with the appropriate information, do the following.
1. Under “What can we help you with,” click “Something Else.”
2. Under “Tell us more about your issue,” select “More non-order questions” from the pull-down menu. That will spawn another pull-down menu from which you will again select “More non-order questions.” That will spawn a blank field in which you can type your intention to cancel the account.
3. Under “How would you like to contact us,” select from E-mail, Phone or live online Chat.
Related Article: How To Close Online Accounts