How To Close A Wordpress Account When Someone Dies
All the information you'll need to delete a Wordpress site.
Service: Wordpress is an open-source blogging tool and content management system.
How To Delete A Blog: Wordpress accounts cannot be deleted, but individual blogs associated with them can.
1. Log in to Wordpress.com and click “Tools” from the site’s dashboard.
2. Click “Delete Site.”
3. Click the dropdown menu and choose the option “Permanently delete my site’s address and all content.”
4. Click the check box and select the “Click the Delete yourgroovysite.wordpress.com Permanently” button.
5. The email account associated with the blog will receive an email with a confirmation link. Click the link to complete deletion.
To leave Wordpress.com, just leave the account inactive. To unsubscribe from any email notifications, visit subscription settings and check the box that says “Block Emails” then click save.
Related Article: How To Close Online Accounts
- Task: Get Your Passwords OrganizedThe typical person has an average of over 130 different online accounts,...Read more
- Digital Cheat Sheet: How To Create A Digital...What happens to your digital property after you die? Great question! Here's...Read more
- Task: Grant Access To Your DevicesIn case of an emergency, how could someone you trust access your phone?Read more
- Task: Clean Up Your Phone ContactsWe’re all familiar with naming an emergency contact if something happens,...Read more