Service: Pinterest is an image-based social platform for saving, organizing and sharing ideas found online.
How To Deactivate An Account: Pinterest will allow deactivation if you have the login info.
1. Log in to Pinterest at the company’s web site.
2. At the top of the page, click the account holder’s name, then click “Settings.”
3. At the bottom of the page, click “Deactivate Account.”
4. Click “Confirm.”
How To Delete The Account Of A Deceased Person: Email email@example.com with the following information:
- Your full name
- The full name and email address on this person’s account
- A link to their Pinterest account (ex: pinterest.com/USERNAME). If you don’t know this, try searching for it on https://pinterest.com/all/
- Documentation of their passing (ex: death certificate, obituary, news article)
- Your relationship to the person with documentation to verify it, like:
- Birth or marriage certificate
- Public mention of relation
- Family tree
- Family/household records
- Notarized proof of relation
- If your name is included in the obituary, that's sufficient
Note: If the Pinterest account is connected to a Google, Facebook, or Twitter account then you should deactivate the Pinterest account before deleting the Google/Facebook/Twitter account.
Related Article: How To Close Online Accounts