How To Close a Lyft Account When Someone Dies
All the information you'll need to close a Lyft account.
Service: Lyft is a peer-to-peer ridesharing app that connects passengers who need a ride with drivers who have a car.
How To Delete An Account: There are two ways to create an account after downloading the app: Connecting it to a Facebook account or a mobile phone number. There’s no place to delete an account through the app or site. The only options are to either email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 855-865-9553 and have them do it for you.
For Drivers: Drivers and riders are both seen as general users of the app. Follow the same delete process and your account should be deactivated. Since payment is auto-deposited into a driver’s bank account there’s no money management through their site. However, you should check with Lyft to see if any money is owed and request for them to remove the account from their system.
Note: If the account is linked to Facebook, go into “Settings,” click “Apps,” find the Lyft app and click remove. Don’t forget to delete the app from the phone.
- Access to connected Facebook account (if applicable)
- Phone number
- Task: Get Your Passwords OrganizedThe typical person has an average of over 130 different online accounts,...Read more
- Digital Cheat Sheet: How To Create A Digital...What happens to your digital property after you die? Great question! Here's...Read more
- Task: Grant Access To Your DevicesIn case of an emergency, how could someone you trust access your phone?Read more
- Task: Clean Up Your Phone ContactsWe’re all familiar with naming an emergency contact if something happens,...Read more