How To Close A DirecTV Account When Someone Dies
All the information you'll need to close or transfer a DirecTV account.
Service: DirecTV is a provider direct broadcast satellite service to residents and businesses.
How To Close/Transfer An Account: To make changes to an account, the company requires contacting it by phone at 800-531-5000 between 8:00 AM and 10:00 PM ET.
Like mobile phone carriers, the satellite providers often lock subscribers into lengthy contracts to offset the cost of the equipment, in which case there may be an early termination fee, even in the event of death.
- Last four digits of the account holder’s Social Security Number
- Death Certificate
- Account number or the amount of the most recent payment
DirecTV official page on closing an account.
Related Article: How To Close Online Accounts
- Task: Get Your Passwords OrganizedThe typical person has an average of over 130 different online accounts,...Read more
- Digital Cheat Sheet: How To Create A Digital...What happens to your digital property after you die? Great question! Here's...Read more
- Task: Grant Access To Your DevicesIn case of an emergency, how could someone you trust access your phone?Read more
- Task: Clean Up Your Phone ContactsWe’re all familiar with naming an emergency contact if something happens,...Read more