Basic features of burial
- The body remains intact
- The body can be buried immediately after death, after a traditional funeral service, or before a memorial service
- The body may be buried in the ground or entombed in a mausoleum
- Generally more expensive
To learn more about burial, see our article Burial.
Basic features of cremation
- The body is burned to ash
- The body can be cremated immediately after death, after a traditional funeral service, or before a memorial service
- The cremated remains may be kept by the family, scattered, buried in the ground, or entombed in a columbarium
- Generally more economical
To learn more about cremation, see our article Cremation.