Eldercare Cheat Sheet: Five Tips To Get You Started
Five things to keep in mind when your years turn golden.
Take some time in the present to consider your future. These five tips can help.
1. Where Do You Want to Live? (Please Don’t Say “Mars”)
You want to pick a place that best suits your situation. If you’re staying in your own home, you may need to make modifications. If you plan on moving somewhere else, be sure and visit the place to get a sense of the staff, other residents and quality of care before committing.
2. Paying For It
This type of living can get very expensive very quickly, so see how much Medicare/Medicaid will pitch in if you don’t have the means. If you’re younger and want to give the older you a gift, look into Long-Term Care Insurance.
3. In-Home Health Care (a.k.a. Home Health Care)
For those who’d like to continue to live at home but need help with activities of daily living, such as cooking, cleaning, bathing, and managing medications. [Dig Deeper: In-Home Health Care]
4. Assisted Living Facilities Or Nursing Home
For those who need some level of medical care, with access to doctors or nurses at all times, in addition to help with activities of daily living. Assisted Living Facilities feature more independence while a Nursing Home is more focused on care.
Just kidding. Or are we? It's really nice this time of year.
- All You Need To Know About Advance DirectivesWhen you can’t make health decisions for yourself, this is the north star...Read more
- Trusts Cheat SheetTrust us when we say this is as basic as we can make Trusts.Read more
- How To Create A Do Not Resuscitate Order (DNR)A DNR is a medical order that states you don't want cardiopulmonary...Read more
- How Organ Donation WorksIf the person who died was a registered organ donor, measures will be taken...Read more