Wyoming Death Certificate
Below is the information you'll need in order to obtain a death certificate in Wyoming, including qualifications, cost, required information, where to submit your application, and a link to the application you'll need to fill out.
The following people may request death certificates from the state of Wyoming:
- Immediate family members
- Lawyers representing the immediate family
- Bank, executors of estate, insurance company, or anyone requiring a certificate to pay a policy or death benefit on the deceased
The fee to search for a death certificate is $10.00, which includes one certified copy of the death certificate. Each additional copy of the certificate ordered at the same time is also $10.00. If the date of death is unknown, a searching fee of $13 for every five years searched is charged, which includes either a certified copy or verification of the record if one is found. Checks or money orders should be made payable to "Vital Statistics Services." Cash is not accepted. Fees are not refundable.
- Name of the deceased
- Date of death
- Place of death
- Name of surviving spouse
- Your relationship to the deceased
- Reason you are requesting the record
- Your address
- Photocopy of current, government-issued photo ID
Submitting Your Request
Send the completed application, the appropriate fee, and a self-addressed stamped envelope to:
Vital Statistics Services
Cheyenne, WY 82002
Download the Application
Click here to download the application for a certified Wyoming death certificate.
See our complete list of resources for Wyoming.
- All You Need To Know About Advance DirectivesWhen you can’t make health decisions for yourself, this is the north star...Read more
- Trusts Cheat SheetTrust us when we say this is as basic as we can make Trusts.Read more
- How To Create A Do Not Resuscitate Order (DNR)A DNR is a medical order that states you don't want cardiopulmonary...Read more
- How Organ Donation WorksIf the person who died was a registered organ donor, measures will be taken...Read more