Missouri Death Certificate
Below is the information you'll need in order to obtain a death certificate in Missouri, including qualifications, cost, required information, where to submit your application, and a link to the application you'll need to fill out.
There are no restrictions on who may request certified death certificates in Missouri.
The fee to search for a death certificate is $13.00, which includes one certified copy of the death certificate. For each additional copy of the certificate ordered at the same time, the fee is $10.00. A statement will be issued if no record is found. Checks or money orders should be made payable to "Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services." Cash is not accepted. Fees are not refundable.
- Name of deceased
- Date of death
- Place of death
- Name of spouse
- Name of father
- Name of mother
- Your name
- Your phone number
- Your address
- Purpose for certificate request
- Your relationship to the deceased
- Notarized signature
- Self-addressed stamped envelope
Submitting Your Request
Send the completed application and the appropriate fee to:
Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services
Bureau of Vital Records
P.O. Box 570
Jefferson City, MO 65102
You may also submit your request at a local health department. For a list of local health department locations, click here.
You may request a certified death certificate in person from a local health department. For a list of local health department locations, click here.
Download the Application
- All You Need To Know About Advance DirectivesWhen you can’t make health decisions for yourself, this is the north star...Read more
- Trusts Cheat SheetTrust us when we say this is as basic as we can make Trusts.Read more
- How To Create A Do Not Resuscitate Order (DNR)A DNR is a medical order that states you don't want cardiopulmonary...Read more
- How Organ Donation WorksIf the person who died was a registered organ donor, measures will be taken...Read more