Buy the book that prepares you for the unexpected.
Now available everywhere books are sold.
Learn More
In Case You Get Hit by a Bus: How to Organize Your Life Now for When You're Not Around Later

Kansas Advance Directive Form

This article on Advance Directives is provided by Everplans — The web's leading resource for planning and organizing your life. Create, store and share important documents that your loved ones might need. Find out more about Everplans »

Below is the information you'll need in order to obtain an Advance Directive in Kansas, which is comprised of two separate documents.

Overview: In Kansas you must fill out two separate forms to have a complete Advance Directive. The first form is a Living Will Declaration and the second is a "Durable Power Of Attorney For Healthcare Decisions"  (a.k.a. Health Care Proxy).

Required Information for the Advance Directive: Your signature must be Notarized OR two (2) witnesses must sign your KS Living Will and Durable Power of Attorney for Healthcare Decisions for them to be considered valid. Witnesses CAN NOT be your agent, relative or beneficiary. 

Download the Kansas Advance Directive Form Here

Remember to add your completed form to your Everplan!

See our complete list of resources for Kansas.

State-By-State Health, Legal, And End-Of-Life Resources

Advance Directives