Most pets are part of the family and shouldn’t be forgotten if something happens to you. Areas covered in your Everplan include type of pet, age, veterinarian and guardian info, health and diet needs, and room to leave as many details as you can think of to make it a smooth transition.
The Important Stuff You Need To Share
Type of Pet: This could be simple (dog, cat, horse, bird, fish) along with the specific breed
- Birthday (Can be an estimate if you’re not sure)
- Veterinarian Contact Info
- Health & Diet Needs and Requirements
- Favorite Activities/Toys/Treats
- Pet Insurance Info (If applicable)
- Pet Guardian Info and Instructions (example: How should this person gain access to your house and bring your pet to their new life?)
- Other Pertinent Info (example: Microchip info, Grooming tips, etc…)
- Don't forget cuddles! (Unless it’s a fish. Then it would be too slippery.)
Why We Plan
This pet’s world probably revolved around their owner, so it’s not an easy transition for them either. By having all this info readily available it can create a bright new start for both pet and guardian.