All The Information You Need To Share About Your Pets
It’s incredibly sad to think of our pets without us, but here’s your chance to do something about it.
Most pets are part of the family and shouldn’t be forgotten if something happens to you. Areas covered in your Everplan include type of pet, age, veterinarian and guardian info, health and diet needs, and room to leave as many details as you can think of to make it a smooth transition.
The Important Stuff You Need To Share
Type of Pet: This could be simple (dog, cat, horse, bird, fish) along with the specific breed
- Birthday (Can be an estimate if you’re not sure)
- Veterinarian Contact Info
- Health & Diet Needs and Requirements
- Favorite Activities/Toys/Treats
- Boarding and play dates (example: dog daycare)
- Pet Insurance Info (If applicable)
- Pet Guardian Info and Instructions (example: How should this person gain access to your house and bring your pet to their new life?)
- Other Pertinent Info (example: Microchip info, Grooming tips, etc…)
- If your pet is a service dog or emotional support animal where do you keep your paperwork or emotional support letter (ESA letter)?
- Don't forget cuddles! (Unless it’s a fish. Then it would be too slippery.)
Why We Plan
This pet’s world probably revolved around their owner, so it’s not an easy transition for them either. By having all this info readily available it can create a bright new start for both pet and guardian.
Keep Your Plan Up-To-Date: Make sure all of the stuff listed above is neatly organized, updated, and shared in the “Pets” section of your Everplan.
Related: How To Make Sure Your Pets Are Taken Care Of After You’re Gone | Puppy Dogs and Kitty-Cats Promise More Cuddles If You Include Them In Your Will
- Estate Planning For Your PetsAmerica is approaching a belly rub crisis. Or, in the case of cats, that...Read more
- What To Say To Someone Grieving The Loss Of A PetFor most people, it’s not just a dog, cat, or other domesticated animal....Read more
- Planuary: Organizing For The New YearIf the turn of a new year inspires you to finally get your life in order, we...Read more
- When To Discontinue Treatment For Sick PetsPets rely on us for food, shelter, and for us to make all their health...Read more