Service: Twitter is the leading microblogging service.
How To Delete An Account:
1. Log in to Twitter from a desktop or mobile browser.
2. Click the gear icon at the upper right and select “Settings.”
3. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click “Deactivate my account.”
4. Read the account deactivation information, then click “Okay, fine, deactivate account.”
5. Enter password.
The account will officially be deleted 30 days after the request, during which time the account can be reactivated by logging in.
How To Deactivate Or Delete A Twitter Account If You Don't Have The Required Information Listed Above
According to Twitter's Help Section:
In the event of the death of a Twitter user, we can work with a person authorized to act on the behalf of the estate or with a verified immediate family member of the deceased to have an account deactivated." The following information is required:
- The username of the deceased user's Twitter account (e.g., @username or twitter.com/username)
- A copy of the deceased user’s death certificate
- A copy of your government-issued ID (e.g., driver’s license)
- A signed statement including:
- Your first and last name
- Your email address
- Your current contact information
- Your relationship to the deceased user or their estate
- Action requested (e.g., ‘please deactivate the Twitter account’)
- A brief description of the details that evidence this account belongs to the deceased, if the name on the account does not match the name on death certificate.
- A link to an online obituary or a copy of the obituary from a local newspaper (optional)
Please send us the documentation by fax or mail to the following address:
c/o: Trust & Safety
1355 Market St., Suite 900
San Francisco, CA 94103
Fax : 1-415-865-5405
Note: This is a United States number, so please be sure to include the appropriate international dialing code if you're sending from outside the United States.
We conduct all of our communication via email; should we require any other information, we will contact you at the email address you have provided in your request. If you have any questions, you can contact us at: email@example.com.
Please note: We are unable to provide account access to anyone regardless of his or her relationship to the deceased.
Related Article: How To Close Online Accounts