Everplans is Seeking a Project Manager to Join our Growing Team
Everplans (www.everplans.com) is a funded, NYC-based startup founded by repeat entrepreneurs. Our website helps people become heroes to their families by getting an end-of-life plan in place. With the right information, tools and guidance we are changing people’s lives by making sure families are better taken care of at possibly the worst time in their lives. We’re committed to making a tough subject easier to deal with by bringing innovative digital experiences to an area that feels stuck a hundred years in the past.
We’re looking for a dynamic, experienced and highly motivated Project Manager that can be part technical manager, motivating team leader, and awesome collaborator to manage the smooth partnership between product and engineering. Lots of opportunities to grow and expand your role, and to have a significant influence on a process that demands the best UI consumer experience possible.
About the position:
The Project Manager plays a central role in the delivery of all our product updates, enhancements and bug fixes. You’ll work with stakeholders in Technology, Product Management, Design, and Marketing in order to clarify and execute upon high level company priorities. You’ll shephard projects from inception through delivery and maintenance, and you’ll be responsible for establishing timelines, project plans, and delivery estimates. The ideal candidate should be familiar with the principles of agile development and should take a leading role in helping Everplans improve our processes.
Though you will spend much of your time working directly with developers, this is an inter-departmental role in a small (but rapidly growing) company. We’re a tight-knit team of talented and mission-driven individuals, and we’re looking for someone who can bring process and discipline to our growing organization - someone who can help us ship high-quality products on time and knows how to have a good time while doing that.
- 2-5 Years experience.
- Detail oriented, Superior organizational and time management skills
- Facilitate relationships between multiple depts
- Some experience with working with developers and engineering teams.
- Strong leader
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and identify needed resources
- Experience scheduling and managing deliverables between multiple depts.
- Collaborate with design, engineering and product teams to hit scheduled deliverables
- Create and execute project work plans and schedules to meet changing needs and requirements
- Ship both small incremental updates and large features
- Identify resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope
- Prepare for project reviews and quality assurance procedures
- Consistently focus on reducing risk and adding value on the project
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately